Creating OJS journals sites following best publishing practice
Journal website is a primary source of journal information for authors, readers and researchers. Journals using open journal systems software meet abstract and citation databases of peer-reviewed literature technical criteria.
Why publishers prefer get OJS with us
Why does a scholarly journal need a website on a Open Journal System
- Uploading and tracking articles through your personal account on the journal’s website.
- Notifications of changes in the status of an article by email.
- Indexing of the article by abstract databases and search engines.
- Increasing the visibility and citation of the article both in the international academic community.
Organization of content. Sections are obligatory for scholarly publication, the structure of the site corresponds to international publishing practices.
Multilingual. The interface and content of the site are available in English and other languages.
Electronic publishing process. Acceptance of articles through the journal’s website, selection of a reviewer from among registered experts, electronic review form, automatic control over the review period.
Notification templates. Bilingual email templates for each editorial decision (for example, request to review an article, publish a new issue, recall an article).
Online publishing. Placement of metadata of articles, full texts of articles in PDF and / or XML format, bibliography.
Integration with CrossRef. Exporting article metadata to the CrossRef database, assigning an identification number to each article – doi (if there is an agreement between CrossRef and the publisher).
Compliance of the site with the technical requirements of Scopus, Web of Science, PubMed databases.
Subscription. For closed access journals, a subscription module with various access and payment options.
Statistics. Analysis of the number of views, downloads of articles, geography of authors, reviewers.
For database experts
- The interface and structure of the site on the OJS platform do not differ from the English-speaking publishing systems, they are understandable and familiar to the English-speaking expert.
- All information on the site is available in English and other languages.
- The platform supports major publishing tools encouraged by best publishing practices (doi, ORCID).
- The recognized standards for the presentation of full-text academic articles are PDF / XML.
- Access to the current issue and archived issues of the journal.
- Convenient viewing of the site on a mobile device.
- Mobile application with the ability to download articles and read them offline.
- Convenient search for articles by topic, author and title of work.
- A bilingual site interface that increases the availability of content to an international reader.
- Access to annotations, full text in PDF and / or XML format, bibliography and information about authors.
- Notifications about journal events and the publication of new issues by e-mail.
- Payment for an article, issue, several issues through the journal’s website (for closed access journals).
What is Open Journal Systems
OJS is a multifunctional tool which includes every stage of the publishing process, from online article submission, editing, reviewing to publishing, indexing and archiving. With the help of the platform you can request for review, create a review form and send emails to all participants (author, editor, reviewer).
We will answer your questions
Looking to get started with the OJS publishing platform or have questions? Contact us and we will advise you on the implementation of the professional publishing platform Open Journal Systems.